Your GP plays a key role in you and your family’s ongoing health and well-being – health promotion and disease prevention is an essential element of providing comprehensive primary healthcare regardless of your age, gender, disease or condition.
We are able to offer you help with lifestyle advice, tailored just for you, on:
- quitting smoking
- healthy eating and drinking
- weight loss
- stress management and relaxation
- good sleep practices
We also have a number of health checks available to you:
- Heart Health Check – Heart disease is the single leading cause of death in Australia, killing one Australian every 12 minutes. This check is available if you are 45 years or older (30 years or older if you identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) and attracts a Medicare rebate. The check helps you to understand your risk factors for heart disease and estimates how likely you are to have a heart attack or stroke in the next five years.
- Head to Toe Health check – available to all our patients aged 20-74, this check-up consists of a full review of all aspects of your health – a plan is developed to keep you healthy. This health check is valuable to all, including those who maintain a regular exercise regime, eat well and enjoy good health.
- 45-49 health assessment – government funded and available to this age range who are at risk of developing a chronic disease. This may be due to lifestyle factors such as smoking, physical inactivity, excess weight, biomedical risk factors where there is no outward sign of a problem (such as blood pressure and high cholesterol) or simply to a family history of chronic disease.
- Over 75 health assessment – government funded and available for patients over the age of 75. This annual health check consists of a comprehensive review of your lifestyle, mobility, medication, nutrition, exercise, safety in the home, care arrangements and support networks. The aim is to help you maintain maximum fitness, health and vitality to support you each day.