We recommend that you receive the 2020 Influenza vaccination.
COVID ALERT: PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND A CLINIC IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS
PLEASE BE ADVISED, WE WILL CONTINUE TO CONDUCT OUR FLU CLINICS BUT TO SAFEGUARD OUR PATIENTS’ HEALTH, WE MUST LIMIT PATIENT NUMBERS IN OUR WAITING ROOMS.
Instead of patients presenting at a drop in clinic, we will be releasing appointment bookings at the beginning of each week for that week’s clinics. The process will be as follows:
- Patients can call after 9.30am to book for that week, to ensure our flu clinics don’t book up too far in the future. We expect initial demand to be high – we apologise if we aren’t able to accommodate you on your preferred day.
- Reception will give you a time slot to attend that week. Please arrive promptly to our second/back waiting room – early arrivals will be asked to wait in their car so we can manage the number of patients in our waiting room.
Please be reassured that we take infection control very seriously – our second waiting room has been set up to ensure 1.5m between each seat. And we will limit patient numbers to 5 at any one time.
VACCINE TIMING: Please consider the timing of your vaccination to achieve the highest level of protection. Most people develop immunity within 2-3 weeks, with optimal protection occurring for 3-4 months following vaccination. As flu season usually occurs from June, peaking around August, vaccinating from April will allow you to develop immunity before flu transmission is at its peak.
For your convenience we will be running flu vaccination clinics, for people 16 years and over, from w/c 6th April 2020 at the following times:
Monday: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Tuesday: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 10:30am
Friday: 10:30am – 12:30pm
For patients under 16, an appointment is required.
$20 or free for the following patients:
- Those aged 65 and over,
- Children aged 6 months—under 5 yrs,
- Those with a chronic health condition* which predisposes them to flu,
- Pregnant women,
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander people from aged 6 months.
- if you attend a clinic, we can offer a lower administration fee of $8
- if you attend an individual appointment, the fee is $14